Application Service Instances
Each service type (Data, Storage, Cache, Queue, Search) may contain zero to at least 1 service instance. Some service types, such as Search may contain more than one service instance. You can view service instances by clicking on the appropriate service type tab. A service instance will have specific limits according to your Subscriptions service plan. Service instance limits are displayed under the service instance name within the service instance card, such as the Data service instanced named "default" below:
When creating a hyper Applications, you may choose to create data, storage, cache, search, and queue application service instances. If you chose not to create a service instance when creating an application, you can add the service instance later.
To add a service instance:
- Select the hyper application
- Select the appropriate service type tab: (Data, Storage, Cache, Queue, Search)
- If you have not yet reached your maximum number of service instances for a given service type, you will see an "add tile", such as the + Add queue service tile below:
- Clicking the add tile opens an add form
- Give the service instance a name:
Service Instance Names
Service instance names must be unique for a given service type. In other words, you could not have two Search service instances within the same hyper cloud application named "default".
- Click the Save button to create the service instance
You can permanently delete a service instance by:
- Selecting the service instance card
- Clicking the ellipsis menu
- Clicking the DELETE button
You can recreate the service instance with the same name.