A hyper application represents an application within the hyper cloud. Each hyper application is owned by either a user account or a Teams. A hyper application contains key pairs used to access its Application Services, such as Data, Storage, Cache, Queue, and Search. Creating a hyper application provides the primary mechanism for controlling which of your client apps can access the resources protected by the hyper cloud.
Let's keep things straight.
Throughout these docs, we will refer to an application within the hyper cloud and developer dashboard as a 'hyper application'. We will refer to your application as a 'client app'. Your 'client app' will utilize a 'hyper application' to build something awesome.
Creating a New Hyper Application
When it is time to build a client app or create a separate environment, (think development, stage, test, production environments) you can create a new hyper application by following these steps:
- The new hyper application will reside within either your personal hyper user account or a team account. The first step is to select either your user account or a team account from the user menu in the upper right-hand corner of the developer dashboard.
- Select the + Add Application tile.
- Complete the Add hyper application form.
- hyper will provide an application name that is unique across the hyper cloud. You may change this name, but it must be unique.
- Select your hyper application services. The data, storage, and cache services are selected by default. You must select at least one hyper service. Check the services you need for now. You can add any other services, such as a queue or search service after the app has been created.
- Click the Create hyper app button.
hyper application names are unique
We'll create a unique name for you. You can change the app name if you prefer.
- Once the app is created, you will see the new app in your list of applications.
Deleting a hyper application
Deleting a hyper application will delete all associated service instances and data.
To delete an app, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the app.
- Select the settings icon to the right of the app name to open the app settings page
- Click the Delete Application button and confirm the delete.